2) I am awe struck (and had forgotten) how much male athletes consume in calories when training. It's not like we have been doing massive 6-8 hour days. We're talking 3-4, on average.
I have a gazillion examples, but I'll throw out one:
3 days ago it was about 4pm or so. Brandon was laying the hurt on a jumbo bag of potato chips. About 90 min later we all gathered for family dinner --- lots of garlic bread (no smooching among our group! I did try to get fresh with JZ one night though. Who can blame me? We're sharing a bed and she's kinda cute... when the hair isn't Diana-Ross-like.), salad, ziti with meat sauce.
My plate was pretty full, JZ had comparable portions.
Then Billy sat down and his plate was overflowing.
Brandon's plate not so much, his was similar to mine. Full but not excessive. We all chowed. Brandon got up and returned with plate #2, full. After finishing that, he returned with plate #3 - and finished it all! Good LORD, dude!
"Hey, I have to train tomorrow", he justified with a laugh. I nodded in agreement knowing he was not only right but smart. (After my epic unintended caloric bonk earlier in the week, I'd noted his wise approach.)
Not even 30 minutes later, Brandon falls into the couch with a bowl of ice cream covered in chocolate sauce. :) LOL. That's our boy!!
3) I swam 5 days in a row. After this I searched my brain archive to figure out when was the last time that I swam 5 days in a row. It's not like this was an epic accomplishment. (Well, for me it is.) I thought and thought. I do concede it is possible there's another section of time I am just not remembering .... but the last time I remember I, for certain, swam 5 days in a row was ......
4) Despite his hog-like approach to injesting calories outside of training, Brandon needs to work on increasing caloric intake on the bike. JZ and Billy were spot on. Brandon went into massive deficit and Joanna's alter-ego came out of him in full force: Simply put, we call it "BITCH"!
5) For a straight military marine man, Billy sure is a "P" when it comes to bugs.
6) Every one is eagerly anticipating Monday. REST DAY!!!